Originally posted on PSE Archery Blog:
By Jared Bloomgren
In my last blog I covered the spotting portion and now let’s get to the really really fun part; STALKING!
After I have glassed up an animal that I want to stalk I come up with a plan of how to kill that animal. Things to consider:
1. Is the animal in a stalk-able situation?
2. Are the winds and/or thermals right?
3. Is the terrain and/or concealment adequate and passable?
4. Is there enough time in the day to complete the stalk?
5. Do you know the terrain? What is between you and the animal that you have to overcome?
6. The animal’s behavior?
Is the animal in a stalk-able situation?
I look at the animals location and can quickly determine if the stalk…
View original 1,067 more words